The IT Essentials (ITE) course introduces students to the fundamentals of computer hardware and software, mobile devices, security and networking concepts, and the responsibilities of an IT professional. The latest release includes mobile devices, Linux, and client side virtualisation. There’s also expanded information about Microsoft Windows operating systems, security, networking, and troubleshooting.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the internal components of a computer and assemble a computer system.
- Install and understand operating systems on computers and mobile devices.
- Connect to the internet and share resources in a networked environment.
- Troubleshoot using system tools and diagnostic software.
Chapter 1 Introduction to the Personal Computer
Chapter 2 Lab Procedures and Tool Use
Chapter 3 Computer Assembly
Chapter 4 Overview of Preventive Maintenance and the Troubleshooting Process
Chapter 5 Windows 10 Installation
Chapter 6 Windows 10 Configuration and Management
Chapter 7 Network Concepts
Chapter 8 Applied Networking
Chapter 9 Laptops and Mobile Devices
Chapter 10 Mobile, Linux and OS X Operating System
Chapter 11 Printers
Chapter 12 Security
Chapter 13 The IT Professional
Chapter 14 Advanced Troubleshooting
Certification and careers
This course prepares students for the CompTIA A+ certification exams 220-901 and 220-902.
- CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
- CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features such as network connectivity and email for Android and Apple iOS mobile operating systems.
Course Duration: 120 hrs or 12 weeks (full time)
Minimum of four(4) hrs per day
Entry Requirements: Studied through IBS
Start here.APPLY NOW