The following is the Library OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) and it shows the whole library collection already classified and catalogued into the Library bibliographically for your information online.
You can type in the Title /Author/Subject/ISBN number of the book if you know, in the search portal and enter or submit to search for the current status of the book anytime for your information
In our extended services to you, IBS is driven to believe in you who are the targeted users of our services and resources through this leading technology. We believe in improving and expanding our services and resources to meet and cater for your information needs, as you grow and develop in your knowledge and experiences.
We are always available to assist you and to ensure you find what you require and desire in your studies at IBS and to also enjoy our services and our user friendly environment together with our helpful Library staff.
Our Library Services include services such as:
- Circulation & Reader Services, – Any queries relating to your library books/journals or selection of readers and or your library accounts can be attended to at this point.
- Reference/Bibliographic Guidance – Any issues to do with the libraries contents and referencing guides for your assignments can be attended to by our staff at this point. We also are privilege to have the Harvard Referencing guide (Pdf) accessible online under Search Tips via our elib.ibs.ac.pg should you need to consult online. You can also access other pdfs with related study tips online.
- Periodical and Journals Services – This is where your periodical and journal queries are attended to. Lending of journals and periodicals are restricted only for use
- Daily Newspapers – Our library also provides access to daily newspaper readings within the Library only. Strictly newspapers are to be read within the library and should not be taken out of the library.
- Basic Research guidance – Assistance and guidance on effective library research skills needed by students for their assignments and essays.
- Transfers/Inter Library Loan – A library borrowing from the other library on behalf of its member patron. This service is created access to borrowing from other IBS libraries where the material is available through library to Library.
- Overnight/Weekend Loan – Provided for Reference books/ & Reserve Collection Only. Borrowing begins at 3:00pm – 9:00am next working day
- Reserve Services – Caters for only highly demanded collection placed behind the circulation desk as per the request of the lecturer, with a limited time of 2 hours loan for usage within the library only.
Our three Libraries hold well up-to date collections focused on the relevant subject areas taught in the Institute of Business Studies. These include books and journals on Information technology (IT) and Computing, Ethics, Economics, Business Law, Business Math, Accounting & Auditing, General Management, Financial Management, Human Resources and Marketing.
In addition to the above mentioned collection, under the Eriama Campus Library is the Corporate Library which holds volumes of special collection of Personal Development books which is an additional reading opened to all undergraduate student members and staff of IBS as well as the Corporate Client members only.
All our library collections are catalogued online and are accessible bibliographically via our library’s Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) link; elib.ibs.ac.pg.